How will the school prepare and support my child to join the school?
We have strong links with our feeder nurseries and preschools, and to ensure a smooth transition we will:
* Visit nurseries to meet the children and attend review meetings
* Meet with parents and their child
* Receive and use relevant paperwork from the nursery
* Arrange visits to school before your child starts school
* Arrange parent meetings with your child’s class teacher before they start school
* Speak with agencies already involved with your child, e.g. Speech and Language Therapists to discuss their targets
Transitions between year groups also involves:
* Sharing of information between class teachers (including paperwork, successful strategies)
* Class swap mornings, where your child will meet their new teacher
* Extra visits and a social story about the new class will be arranged if needed.