How will the school prepare and support my child to join the school?
We have strong links with our feeder nurseries and preschools, and to ensure a smooth transition we will :
- Visit nurseries to meet the children and attend review meetings
- Meet with parents and their child
- Receive and use relevant paperwork from the nursery
- Arrange visits to school before the children start school
- Arrange Parents meetings with the EYFS class teachers before the children start school
Transitions between year groups also involves:
- Sharing of information between class teachers (including paperwork, successful strategies)
- Class swap mornings, where your child will meet their new teacher
- Extra visits and a social story about the new class will be arranged if needed.