How does the school know how well my child is doing?
We carefully track all of our children’s progress every term through the use of data and through observations. If your child is not meeting their age-related expectations, we may use a range of assessment tools to help us pinpoint how best to support them, including:
- Age related expectations for an alternative year group
- PIVATS– small steps progress for children in Year 1 and above
- Early Learning Goals – for children working within the Foundation Stage
- Standardised assessments
- Assessment for learning – within the classroom, for example, using self-assessment against targets
- Individual targets – through an personalised plan
These help to identify the areas to target and support with advice on how to move your child forward.