At Coningsby St Michael’s we strive to support all children to enable them to achieve at school.
Quality teaching is vital; however for some children there are occasions when further additional support may be needed to help them reach their potential.
Our Special Educational Needs Team
Mrs A Jones (SendCo) works every Wednesday and Thursday in school, and Mrs J Mills and Mrs Smith are in school every day.
Should you wish to meet with one of us, please contact the school office or speak with a member of the team, to arrange an appointment.
What does the SENDCo do?
Mrs A Jones is responsible for anything relating to 'Special Educational Needs and Disabilities' (SEND) within the school. This ensures that any special educational needs are identified, and that the appropriate support is put in place. Other duties include:
- Supporting staff
- Supporting parents/carers
- Making referrals to outside agencies for pupils, when necessary
- Forging strong links with outside agencies, gathering advice, and making sure that their recommendations are implemented
- Ensuring that pupils have the appropriate support and equipment
- Supporting transitions, by linking with other schools, to ensure that these are as smooth as possible for the pupil and parents
- Making requests for statutory assessment of pupils, where necessary
The SENDCo Assistant assists the SENDCo in her duties. Also they will:
- Focus and work with individual children on the SEND Register in accordance with the child’s IEP and/or statement.
- Lead specific interventions.
- Liaise with the class teachers and SENDCo re: interventions and progress
- Assist with SEND paperwork and systems
- Liaise with parents and carers
Pastoral Support Manager
See information about the The Nest.