We, at Coningsby St Michael’s CE Primary School, believe that every child is entitled to enjoy his/her childhood. They should be valued for their individuality, culture and heritage. They should be encouraged to develop their full potential in a stimulating and caring environment.
Inspired by our faith in Christ and together with our parents, churches and communities, we aim for each person to reach their full potential in body, mind, heart and spirit.
Everyone in our school community deserves to be cared for unconditionally and valued equally as a unique creation, made in the image of God. In our learning, in our work, in our relationships and in the ways in which we organise our community we are committed to upholding the following core values:
Faith in Christ, Valuing Ourselves, Valuing Others, Being Responsible, Trustworthiness, Forgiveness, Justice, Truth and Fulfilling our Potential.
The aims of our school are to:
• Deliver an education of the highest possible standard across the whole curriculum, which will provide all our children with a firm base for future academic development.
• Develop and foster individual gifts and strengths, creativity and imagination, enabling the child to build an enquiring mind with a clear ability to listen attentively, question keenly, argue rationally and act responsibly.
• Provide a caring, exciting and stimulating environment for all children, which fosters an enjoyment of learning and encourages each individual to achieve his/her own full potential – academically, socially, physically, morally and spiritually; so that all move on with confidence and positive memories of our school.
• Encourage the spiritual development of all in the school community, both through the special character of the school’s religious education and Christian worship, and incorporation of Christian values and beliefs in all teaching and learning in school. This includes teaching an awareness of and respect for other major faiths.
• Build the strong links between school, home and community and to emphasise that education is a partnership between home and school and recognising that a child’s education continues at home.
A Christian community committed to the development of everyone