Behaviour reward system
‘Coningsby Behaviour Champions (CBC)’
- Points are collected through the Class Dojo app from EYFS-Y6.
- If a child receives a ‘yellow card’ or a ‘red card’ a sanction must be given - this can be decided by the class teacher and agreed within the year group team so it is age appropriate.
- The points collected are counted, and certificates presented at the agreed levels. 90 Class Dojo points must be collected for each of the 4 stages.
- There are 4 certificates in order - bronze, silver, gold and CBC.
- Once a child has received the next CBC stage, the Class Dojo points will be re-set for each individual child, so the next 90 can be collected.
- Once a child has been presented with all 4 certificates they become a ‘CBC’ and have their badge presented in a celebration assembly. Parents will be invited for this presentation.
- All CBC children will be invited to an afternoon tea at the end of the school year.
Last date for CBC status to be awarded: Wednesday 10 July 2019 (badges to be presented on Friday 12 July 2019)
Date of afternoon tea: Wednesday 17 July 2019
A second verbal warning can also be given if needed before stage 2.
- Stage 2 - ‘Yellow card’ - Time out within the classroom, or time out with lunchtime supervisor
- Stage 3 - ‘Red card’ - Time out within another classroom (class teacher to record this has happened in class behaviour folder); or sent to the Sanction Room at lunchtime.
- Stage 4 - Send to Head of School, time out near the office (class teacher to inform parents this has happened, and record in the class behaviour folder)
- Stage 5 - Send to Head of School or Executive Teacher, parents contacted.